Is the DermaScalp Laser Cap FDA Cleared?
Yes. The DermaScalp Laser Cap is cleared by the FDA to promote hair growth and to treat hair loss for those who have Androgenetic Alopecia. Androgenetic Alopecia is the common type of genetic hair loss experienced by 95% of all hair loss suffers.
How Does the DermaScalp Laser Cap grow hair?
The DermaScalp Laser Cap uses low level laser light to completely saturate the scalp and energize the cells within the hair follicles. This causes an increase in ATP production, repairing the weakened hair follicle. The laser energy also improves blood microcirculation, increases oxygen uptake, and increases the rate of removal of harmful DHT. In addition, the laser energy improves cellular metabolism and decreases follicular inflammation.
HOWEVER, the DermaScalp Laser Cap cannot resurrect a dead follicle… So, it cannot help those who are Slick, Shiny Bald.
How quickly will I see results?
You will experience 3 stages of results while using the DermaScalp Laser Cap. Every person moves through these 3 stages at their own pace, determined by how well their hair follicles respond:
- Stage 1, you will notice a decrease in excessive hair loss. Typically, around 4-6 weeks.
- Stage 2, your current hair becomes fuller, thicker, shinier, and healthier because the hair follicle is being maximized. This stage is typically between 6 weeks to 5 months.
- Stage 3, the diminished or miniaturized hair regrows into normal, thick, terminal hair. Typically, between the 3rd to 6th month there is a visual benefit that both you AND you friends will see.
Is it safe?
Yes. The DermaScalp Laser Cap received FDA 510(k) clearance for both safety and efficacy for the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia (hair loss) and to promote hair growth. The DermaScalp Laser Cap is rated as a NSR (Non-Significant Risk) device.
Does the laser produce any heat?
No. The laser energy is safer than sunlight because you cannot get burned…
It is a non-invasive, low level laser. There are no thermal components in the laser at all. The laser light is “cool to the touch.”
Because of the electronics and the increase in blood flow, the inside of the hat may feel slightly warm during usage.
Is this LED or Laser?
The DermaScalp Laser Cap uses 100% laser energy. There are no LEDs in the device, only laser diodes.
Who is the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate for the DermaScalp Laser Cap is a man or women in the early stages of hair loss.
Those who are slick, shiny bald are not candidates for the Laser Cap treatment.
Other good candidates are:
- Women with diffuse hair loss.
- Post-menopausal women experiencing hair loss.
- Men unwilling to take Propecia.
- Men and Women who are not good candidates or are unwilling to have hair transplant surgery.
- Men and Women who have heredity male or female pattern loss.
- Men and Women who expect to be affected by male or female pattern loss.
- Men and Women who are currently using prescription or non-prescription hair loss treatments.
- Men and Women who have had or plan to have hair transplant surgery.
- Men and Women experiencing medication-associated hair loss from chemotherapy or other medications.
- Men and Women who have illnesses that have caused them to lose hair.
- Men and Women who are fearful or unwilling to use PRP because of the needles used.
- Women who are experiencing or expect to experience post-partum hair loss.
Will I experience any pain or discomfort?
No. As a non-invasive medical device, the low level laser technology utilized by the DermaScalp Laser Cap produces no heat and causes no pain or discomfort of any kind. In some cases, patients have stated that they have experienced a “slight tingling” in the scalp, which is nothing more than the patient’s sensitivity to the increased blood circulation.
Are there any side effects?
No. There are no known adverse side effects to the DermaScalp Laser Technology.
How long are the treatments?
Each treatment is 20-30 minutes.
How often do the patients use the cap?
Most patients will use the device up to 3 times per week, with 1 day of rest between each treatment (every other day).
Is it easy to use?
Yes. The DermaScalp Laser Cap is very easy to use. Simply place the device on your head and press the power button to begin the treatment. After 30 minutes, the DermaScalp Laser Cap will beep to signal the end of the treatment and will automatically turn off.
Can I use other treatments, like Propecia and Minoxidil, while using the DermaScalp Laser Cap?
Yes. The DermaScalp Laser Cap can be coupled with other treatments in a multi-therapy approach.
How much is the DermaScalp Laser Cap?
Treatments are very affordable. Most patients can start regrowing their hair for less than $100 per month.